A now legendary promotional video featuring ten top models (among them Insta-famous Bella Hadid, Hailey Baldwin, and Kendall Jenner) partying and posing on beaches and yachts, along with a social media campaign which saw 400 influencers globally, at the very same moment, post an image of a mysterious orange tile, ignited a buzz which saw 95 per cent of tickets sold within four hours. But it was all a lie. Fyre Festival was a multi-million dollar scam, spearheaded by a charismatic conman who used social media and its influencers to promote a fantasy, which would ultimately be exposed, painfully and in real time, by those same influencers and rich kid festivalgoers on those same social media channels when they finally landed on the remote island of Norman’s Cay and witnessed the chaos. To the casual observer watching the disaster unfold across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat, the urge to chuckle at the misfortune of those rich kid Millennials pulling ugly cry faces as they realised their luxury accommodation was comprised of disaster relief tents (still sodden from a torrential downpour on the eve of day one), was overwhelming. An image tweeted by one dissatisfied partygoer of the supposedly gourmet food… Read full this story
- Bridgerton fans shocked by masturbation scene in racy new Netflix period drama
- Fyre Festival breakout star Andy King cashes in on his infamous offer of oral sex in exchange for water as he teams up with Evian for campaign that boasts it's 'so good you'd do anything for it'
- Sir Elton John prepares for Netflix documentary debut
- 'Fear City': What the Netflix Documentary Series Misses Out
- Zendaya reveals what it was like to shoot her new Netflix movie Malcolm & Marie in quarantine with John David Washington
- Mindy Kaling's new Netflix show Never Have I Ever scores coveted 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes
- Royal Enfield 650cc Cruiser Spied Testing Again Revealing New Features: Pics & Details
- WandaVision TV spot reveals new footage plus original theme song from Frozen Oscar winners Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez
- 'Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee' Trailer Reveals New Moves, Nintendo Switch Bundle Details
- Ricky Gervais will work on 3 new Netflix projects after finishing After Life
The shocking truth behind Fyre Festival disaster revealed in new Netflix documentary have 353 words, post on www.independent.ie at January 17, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.