NEW YORK — The Latest on delays in U.S. air travel (all times local): 11:40 a.m. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says delays at East Coast airports amid a partial federal government shutdown are another symptom of the “federal madness” caused by Republican President Donald Trump. The Democrat says the delays are hurting the economy and impacting airport safety and security. His comments came at an unrelated event in Manhattan Friday morning. Earlier in the day Cuomo wrote to Trump demanding an end to the shutdown, saying it could become a national security issue. The letter was sent shortly before the FAA announced LaGuardia Airport in New York and Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey were both experiencing delays in takeoffs due to staffing problems at two air traffic control facilities. ___ 11:05 a.m. The White House says President Donald Trump has been briefed on airport delays amid the extended partial government shutdown. White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders says in a statement: “The President has been briefed and we are monitoring the ongoing delays at some airports. We are in regular contact with officials at the Department of Transportation and the FAA.” The Federal Aviation Administration is reporting delays… Read full this story
- EU Renews Pressure Over U.S. Airline Ownership
- It's Time To Take On Big Water
- Grinding It Out - 2 Days In The Life of Senator Charles Schumer
- Dump The INcumbents
- Entrepreneurship Story- Over Regulation in Franchising Part I
- Fact or Fiction --- Terrorist Attack Our Nation Using Smallpox as a Weapon Against Us?
- Google and Renault-Nissan Are Teaming Up On Self-Driving Cars
- Telemedicine - Treating Patients through Video Conferences
The Latest: Cuomo blames airport delays on 'federal madness' have 266 words, post on www.startribune.com at January 24, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.