Adulterated petrol incident at Quang Tri filling station
A large amount of petrol was found to be adulterated with water at a petrol station in the central province of Quang Tri, affecting a range of vehicles.
On January 16, after filling up petrol from a filling station in Cam Hieu Commune, Cam Lo District, many vehicles experienced stalled engines.
Doan Quoc Tuan who bought around one litre of petrol there said that his motorbike stopped after running around 700 metres from the station. He did not know what happened to his vehicle so he brought it to a mechanic.
At that time, she also saw around 10 motorbikes which faced the same problem like his vehicle after using fuel from the petrol station. The mechanics said that the cause was water mixed with the fuel.
Some people came back the station to demand the refund and the staff agreed. The petrol station representative also promised to compensate the drivers for their vehicles’ problems.
According to local authorities’ inspection, around 150 litres of water have been added to the petrol at the station.
Quang Tri Petroleum Company removed all the fuel in the tank and claimed to have found a hole at the tank bottom, which was said to be the reason for the water mixing with the petrol.
Exhibition on cultural heritage of ASEAN Community opens in Kon Tum
Visitors at the exhibition
An exhibition on cultural heritage of the ASEAN Community opened in the Central Highlands province of Kon Tum on January 17.Vietnam, Australia launch 45th anniversary of diplomatic tiesProgramme to bring Tet to disadvantaged childrenMore UK businesses expected to invest in VietnamHelmets for Families programme raises awareness about helmet useCần Thơ City welcomes 7.5m touristsOld book fair to open in capitalThanh Hóa signs contract with goalie NgọcTour Guide Association, Hanoi branch launched to promote tourism
- Social News 16/4
- Watch Zack Snyder's Short Film 'Snow Steam Iron' On Social Media
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News – April 18
- The Russo Brothers Have Deleted Almost All Of Their Social Media Ahead Of Infinity War
- John Boyega Calls Out Star Wars Trolls on Social Media
- Social News In Brief 15/5
- India's Viacom 18 delays 'Padmavati' release amid religious controversy
- Black Panther Director Thanks Fans For Film's Early Success
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels Remake Gets A Title & Release Date
- Walking Dead Star Confirms He Auditioned for Spider-Man & Han Solo