Hanoi (VNA) – The State Bank of Vietnam raised the daily reference exchange rate on January 3 by 3 VND to 22,828 VND/USD.
With the current trading band of +/- 3 percent, the ceiling rate applied by commercial banks for the day is 23,512 VND/USD and the floor rate is 22,144 VND/USD.
The transaction office of the State Bank of Vietnam added 500 VND to the buying rate making it 23,200 VND/USD and 3 VND to the selling rate, listing it at 23,463 VND/USD.
Meanwhile, the opening hour rates at commercial banks reversed the falling trend from last week.
Vietcombank increased both rates by 5 VND, listing the buying rate at 23,160 VND/USD and the selling rate at 23,250 VND/USD.
The rates at BIDV went up by 15 VND to 23,165 VND/USD (buying) and 23,255 VND/USD (selling).
At Techcombank, the buying rate rose by 25 VND to 23,145 VND/USD and the selling rate stayed at 23,245 VND/USD, the same as on the previous day.-VNA
- Reference exchange rate rises on January 4
- Reference exchange rate kept unchanged following New Year holiday
- Reference exchange rate stays unchanged on January 5
- Reference exchange rate goes up again
- Reference exchange rate down sharply at week’s beginning
- SBV increases reference exchange rate, foreign-exchange reserves
- Reference exchange rate rises by 4 VND
- VN central bank applies daily reference exchange rates
- No big changes in exchange rate, interest rate in 2019: research institute