TAMPA — The stage is set for a concert and the show starts as a conversation, but both impressions belie the glory ahead.Once Abigail and Shaun Bengson begin to share their love story, a powerful, intimate, musical journey takes hold.Hundred Days, running through March 24 at the Jaeb Theater at the David A. Straz Jr. Center for the Performing Arts, is a 75-minute emotional escape that hits the soul, especially the longing one.Anchored by a talented cast playing cello, accordion, drums and keyboard, with the Bengsons on guitar, the show’s folk rock and punk rhythms thunder through love’s joy and pain.The Bengsons met in New York City as young musicians and bonded in a booth at a diner in Queens. On their second date, they moved in together. After three weeks, they got married. That was 12 years ago. Hundred Days is the story of their whirlwind romance, a project they wrote together and have performed since 2014.Abigail leads the conversation, confessing to the audience early on what she didn’t immediately confess to Shaun when they met: Something tragic and awful happened in her family when she was 15.At the same time, she describes a premonition, something that hit her… Read full this story
- Record Store Day 2020: 18 Great Exclusive Releases From the September Drop
- IT'S FRIDAY MUSIC: It's an autumn bonanza with Prince, Cher and Macca leading the way in upcoming releases
- Boris’s dad broke his mum's nose: Explosive new biography lifts the lid on PM's affairs, family feuds - and the domestic violence incident that put his mother in hospital
- Shania Twain’s rise from growing up in poverty to becoming one of country music’s biggest stars
- 'I will shade you': Madonna hits back at critics of her Prince tribute at Billboard Music Awards via social media
- At Work With Gwen Riley, Peloton’s Music Mastermind
- 'This is exactly why Doves cry!' Madonna is savaged on social media for her Prince tribute at Billboard Music Awards with Stevie Wonder
- The world's highest outdoor lift: China's gigantic glass elevators zip tourists up a 1,070ft cliff that inspired the landscape of Avatar
- Steve McQueen: 'It's rebel music that moves me'
- 'Just come home - you're not in trouble': Husband makes desperate plea to be reunited with his wealthy businesswoman wife - eight days after she vanished from her cliffside mansion wearing activewear
Raw storytelling lifts ‘Hundred Days’ to musical heights have 389 words, post on www.tampabay.com at January 22, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.