WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said Thursday he will announce next week the site and date for the second summit he plans with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un around the end of February. “They very much want the meeting,” Trump told reporters, and he asserted that his administration has made “tremendous progress” toward reining in the North’s nuclear ambitions. The president said that before he took office in January 2017, “it looked like we were going to war with North Korea. Now, there’s no missile testing. There’s no rocket testing, there’s no nuclear testing. We got back our prisoners, our hostages. We’re getting back our remains.” Trump long has contended that his outreach to Kim and their initial summit last June in Singapore have put the U.S. and North Korea on the path to peace. But his list of concrete achievements has not grown in the months since that meeting, and his own intelligence chiefs believe there is little likelihood Kim will voluntarily give up his nuclear weapons or missiles capable of carrying them. Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats told Congress on Tuesday that the government’s spy assessment does not support the idea that Kim will eliminate… Read full this story
- Trump says North Korea talks going ahead despite missile test
- Trump Says He and Kim Jong Un ‘Fell In Love,’ Wrote ‘Beautiful Letters’
- Greeting Chinese president, Trump says he expects progress on North Korea
- Trump Says He Will End the Family Separations He Imposed
- Trump Says EU's Offer to Scrap Car Tariffs Is 'Not Good Enough'
- Trump says he's willing to 'compare IQ tests' with Rex Tillerson — and Mensa is game to host
- South Korea's President Says Trump Has a Friend Crush on Kim Jong Un, Which Will Certainly End Well
- Let's talk color symbolism: South Korean version
- ‘Of great significance’: North Korea hails submarine launch of ballistic missile
- North Korea tests submarine-launched missile a day after saying it will resume nuclear talks with US
Pres. Trump to say when, where he'll hold 2nd North Korean summit have 327 words, post on www.wcax.com at January 31, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.