Poignant day for survivors as Kegworth air disaster remembered 30 years on BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Survivors and families of some of the 47 people killed in the Kegworth air disaster attended a church service and wreath-laying ceremony yesterday to mark 30 years since the tragedy. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/poignant-day-for-survivors-as-kegworth-air-disaster-remembered-30-years-on-37693977.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/article37693970.ece/32506/AUTOCROP/h342/2019-01-09_new_47060631_I1.JPG Email Survivors and families of some of the 47 people killed in the Kegworth air disaster attended a church service and wreath-laying ceremony yesterday to mark 30 years since the tragedy. Wreaths were laid by families, emergency services, councils and others at a memorial site in the Leicestershire village. Before the wreath-laying, the names of those who died were read out during a 45-minute church service, followed by a minute’s silence. Around 300 people attended the service, which was led by Reverend Lauretta Wilson, during which hymns were sung, prayers were read and candles were lit. Some of those who had flown from Northern Ireland to attend the commemorations wiped away tears as people paid their respects. Opening the commemorations, Rev Wilson said: “Kegworth has never forgotten that fateful night on January 8, 1989. “Whatever our motivations, it is good to have the opportunity to remember and honour those who lost their lives. “The dreadful… Read full this story
- Why are we surprised by Man United’s worst start in 30 years?
- 30-year-old Russian man volunteers for world's first human head transplant
- Global Warming: Britain Braces for ‘Coldest Winter in 30 Years’
- After being raped and impregnated, El Salvadorian 19-year-old sentenced to 30 years in prison for having an abortion
- The Apple Macintosh And 30 Years Of Changing
- 30 years of the IBM PC: Back when we had to be convinced to buy a computer
- Kurzweil: Your brain will connect directly to the cloud within 30 years
- Prime Day 2017 Deals Update For June 30
- Google Chrome dumps 30-year-old Windows technology
- LulzSec hacker faces 30 years to life
Poignant day for survivors as Kegworth air disaster remembered 30 years on have 317 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at January 9, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.