In the North, price of pig has been fluctuating at VND46,000 – VND50,000 ($1.98 – $2.15) per kilogram meanwhile in the South, pig price has been retailing between VND47,000 – VND52,000 a kilogram and in the Highlands and Central it is VND41,000 – VND50,000 per kilogram.
Pig price surged because of dwindling supply caused by the foot-and mouth disease while demand for Tet holiday (the Lunar New year) is higher.
Nguyen Xuan Duong, acting director of the Department of Livestock Production under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, said no fear for shortage of pork in the holiday because of abundant supply.
Pork production leaped by 2 percent with 3.8 million tons while poultry meat went up by 6.5 percent with 115 million ton and eggs escalated by 11 percent with 11.8 billion ones.
Mr. Duong said the industry and trade must importantly predict correct demand and supply in addition to increasing information of the supply to consumers and farmers to curb plentiful supply but high prices.
Animal meat demand usually rises by 25 percent in the country’s special holiday affecting the Consumer Price Index (CPI); hence, the government take heed to the matter.
By VAN PHUC – Translated by NHA CA
- The cheapest iPad prices sales and deals in January 2019
- The best PS4 prices, bundles, and deals in January 2019
- The best Xbox One X prices, bundles and deals in January 2019: where to buy the 4K Xbox
- Forever stamp price increase among US Postal Service 2019 changes
- Train fares set to rise by more than 3% again in January 2019
- Pig price goes up as traders snap up
- Pig price continuously recover in Dong Nai Province
- Pig prices continuously recover in Dong Nai Province
- Stamp Price Increase 2019: USPS Stamp, Mail Rates Going Up in January