The president said that achievements gained in 2018 were firstly thanks to Party ideas’ accordance with people’s will, the power of unity and the effort by the entire political system and the society including the valuable and important contributions by the community of Vietnamese who are living, working and studying aboard.
The State and Party’s positive and comprehensive mobilization and assistance solutions have considerably lured the grey matter from over 4.5 million overseas Vietnamese in over 110 nations and territories for the country’s development, he added.
In recent years, about 300-500 overseas intellectuals returned the country a year to attend in science and technology, education and training; contribute many practical ideas to solve problems in the country’s development; build startup eco system; increase human resource quality and develop technology.
The Party and State appreciate the advices by overseas Vietnamese scientists to help the country quickly access advanced science and technology in the world especially amid the ongoing industry 4.0, he said.
On the previous day, the President, his wife and overseas Vietnamese attending the Homeland Spring Program performed the etiquette to release carps into Guom Lake (Sword Lake) according to the Vietnamese’s tradition to celebrate the Kitchen Gods’ Day (the 23rd day of the last month of the Lunar New Year) to wish for prosperity, peace and happiness for the country.
In the afternoon on January 26, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc met a delegation of overseas Vietnamese who have been back to participate in the program. The delegation includes 100 outstanding ones standing for 4.5 million overseas Vietnamese from over 100 nations and territories.
Sending best wishes to overseas Vietnamese as well as the community of Vietnamese businesses abroad on the occasion of Tet holiday, the PM affirmed that he is always willing to listen to their opinions and expectations and hoped that there will be more programs with increasingly diversified and special contents to respond to overseas Vietnamese’ deep sentiment and contributions to the country in many fields.
Overseas Vietnamese have been present in the economic consulting team of the PM, football field or economic industries, he said.
He affirmed that the most outstanding achievements of the country do have the contribution by overseas Vietnamese under many different forms. So far, they have invested in over 200 projects with the total capital of nearly US$5 billion.
The PM believed that if domestic residents and overseas Vietnamese join hands to develop the country, they will create breakthroughs.
Currently, over four million Vietnamese are living, working and studying in over 100 nations and territories.
By Phan Thao – Translated by Hai Mien
- Vietnam president Nguyen Phu Trong chairs meeting with key officials
- Vietnam president Nguyen Phu Trong to resume work ‘soon’: foreign ministry
- Overseas Vietnamese businesses mobilize to develop HCMC
- Overseas Vietnamese host activities to welcome Tet
- Overseas Vietnamese choreographer stages contemporary dance
- VN Party leader-President receives Malaysian Prime Minister
- Vietnamese ambassador to San Marino presents credentials
- Trump and Kim Take 2: President meets North Korean dictator with a handshake and a laugh in Vietnam for their second nuclear summit and heralds the communist nation's 'unlimited' potential as Kim says he has high hopes for their talks
- Vietnamese, Chinese defense ministers meet in Beijing
- President hosts banquet for Indian counterpart