A new report has found that over 11m households in the UK have subscribed to an online streaming service, an increase of 22pc compared to last year. The Broadcasters’ Audience Research Board (BARB) released new data on Thursday which shows a dramatic rise in British people paying for streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Now TV. 11.6m UK households subscribe to at least one of those three services, the report found in its survey of customers in the third quarter of 2018. That figure was an increase of 22pc compared to the same period in 2017. The report estimated that Netflix had added 2.2m households in the UK since 2017, with Amazon adding around 1m and Now TV picking up 200,000 new customers. People in the UK are also subscribing to multiple video streaming services at a greater rate than ever before. BARB found that the number of homes which paid for two or more services rose by 40pc to 4m in 2018, up from 2.8m the year before. BARB’s report also revealed that Amazon’s video streaming service is more popular among homes in the UK with children up to the age of nine, suggesting that the inclusion… Read full this story
- The Crown season three has been watched by more than 23 MILLION Netflix viewers according to streaming service... with 73 million households tuning in since its 2016 launch
- Showtime to Launch Standalone Streaming Service in July
- Netflix vs. Amazon Prime Video: Which streaming service wins out?
- HBO Max's chief says its $15-a-month fee for new streaming service won't be a turn off for customers - despite being more expensive than Netflix and Hulu
- Kanopy: The free streaming service with amazing movie collection
- Netflix and chill: how the streaming service could make TV social again
- PlayStation's streaming service Vue is shutting down
- Netflix Shares Rise 7% As Wall Street Sees Comcast Subscriber Losses As A Boost
- Netflix Changed the Way It’s Counting Viewers. Does the Math Add Up?
- Is Netflix Necessary?
Netflix leads TV on demand growth as 22pc more UK households sign up to streaming services have 322 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at January 24, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.