The number of UK homes that subscribe to an on-demand TV service has soared in the last year, with Netflix the most popular choice, new figures have revealed. A total of 11.6m UK households had a subscription to at least one of Netflix, Amazon Prime Video or Now TV in the third quarter of 2018, up 22 per cent on the same period last year, according to data from the Broadcasters’ Audience Research Board (BARB). Read more: Netflix shares fall following weak first quarter forecast Netflix is the main driving force behind the spike in subscriptions, seeing an increase of 2.2m households over the last year. Amazon added more than a million new homes, while Now TV gained just under 200,000. The report by BARB also showed a 40 per cent increase in the number of homes with two or more subscriptions, rising from 2.8m to just under 4m in the last year. The figures reflect the growing popularity of subscription TV services, as consumers increasingly move away from linear broadcasting. BARB said the sharp increase in viewing may be linked to a November update to Sky Q, which allows viewers to access Netflix through their Sky box. The rising… Read full this story
- Apple to lower fee it gets from streaming video subscriptions sold on the App Store
- Netflix soon to be the largest subscription entertainment service in the U.S.
- Disney considering Marvel and Star Wars video subscription services
- Watch out, Netflix: Fullscreen’s $5/month video service is coming in April
- Best shows on Netflix (February 2018): 60 fantastic Netflix series
- Best shows on Netflix (March 2018): 60 fantastic Netflix series
- The TV app on the iPhone removed the autoplay next video function, here's what to do
- 10 best video streaming apps and video streaming services for Android
- Download Netflix movies on your Mac and watch them offline
- 4 ways automotive manufacturers are building the digital workplace with video
Netflix leads the way as UK on-demand video subscriptions soar have 305 words, post on www.cityam.com at January 24, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.