Addressing the national political-military conference held by the Central Military Commission and the Ministry of National Defense in Hanoi, the leader said 2019 is significant to the implementation of the resolution adopted at the 12th National Party Congress and the 2016-2020 socio-economic development plan.
|Party General Secretary and President Nguyen Phu Trong speaks at the conference.|
Therefore, the leader, who is also Secretary of the Central Military Commission, stressed the military needs to stay vigilant, make accurate forecasts of the situation, especially emerging complex issues, and provide timely consultations for the Party and State to deal with the problems.
At the conference reviewing the performance of the Central Military Commission and the Ministry of National Defense in 2018, he tasked the commission and the ministry with boosting the national strength to build people-based defense and security, stressing that more attention should be paid to building defense zones.
National defense and security should go in tandem with economic development, particularly in strategic and key border and island areas, he said.
Trong urged the commission and the ministry to join hands with the police and other relevant forces in the fight against sabotage plots and destructive activities by hostile forces, and effectively combat crimes.
Another important work in the security and defense education is to raise public awareness of national defense, he added.
It is a must to build the army politically strong, absolutely loyal to the Party, the nation and people, and resolved to fight against wrongdoings and hostile forces, the leader noted.
Regarding the apparatus organization of the political system, he said the adjustment must ensure a streamlined and effective military and better combat strength, thus meeting national defense requirements and tasks in both short and long terms.
Trong highlighted the image of Vietnamese soldiers in the new period who, he said, should be equipped with scientific and military knowledge in order to build a revolutionary, regular, elite and modern military.
The combination of the defense industry and national industry can contribute to improving defense potential and capacity for ensuring weapons and technical equipment for the military, he said.
The leader asked the military at all levels to step up external relations and place more importance to bilateral defense cooperation, stressing peacekeeping operations and preparations for military and defense conferences when Vietnam assumes the ASEAN Chairmanship in 2020.
More efforts are needed to build the army’s Party Committees at all levels and officers and soldiers who must set examples in morality and lifestyle, the leader said.
- Super Smash Bros 4 Release Date And News: Pic Of The Day Shows Off Challenges Menu, Unlock Panels By Completing Tasks
- Deathloop From Arkane Studios Announced at E3 2019
- Civilization: Beyond Earth Leader Roundup: Firaxis Releases Profiles And Bonuses For All Eight Faction Leaders
- June 2019 Humble Monthly Overview: Unexpected Designs
- Civilization 6: Gathering Storm – new leaders, abilities and units
- Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts is the next game in the series, coming in 2019
- Boom Beach Patch Introduces Operations: Task Force Assaults For Multiplayer Clan Wars Style Play
- Virat Kohli The Best Leader Of Men, Not Tactical Captain: Shane Warne To NDTV
- KFG Showcase E3 2019 – Abstract Platformer An/Round Announced
- Game Developers And Industry Leaders Respond to Recent Hostilities Against Gaming Industry