Kenya’s security forces have killed the Islamic extremist gunmen whose assault on a luxury hotel and shopping complex took 14 “innocent lives,” the country’s president said Wednesday. “All the terrorists have been eliminated,” President Uhuru Kenyatta said in announcing an end to the overnight operation to secure the complex in the capital, Nairobi. In a televised address, Kenyatta did not say how many attackers were involved. He said more than 700 people were evacuated during the security operation and urged Kenyans to “go back to work without fear,” saying the East African country is safe. Sporadic gunfire could be heard while scores of people were rescued at daybreak during what police called a “mopping-up” exercise. A new blast was heard in the afternoon as witnesses said security forces were making a sweep of the complex for any explosives. Top News: Trump Presents Fast Food Spread to Clemson Tigers Chris Kleponis/Getty Images Surveillance video showed the attack that began Tuesday afternoon involved at least four armed men. Al-Shabab — the extremist group allied to al-Qaida and based in neighboring Somalia — claimed responsibility for the carnage at the DusitD2 hotel complex, which includes bars, restaurants, offices and banks and is in… Read full this story
- Gunmen kill district head, APC chairman, 25 others in Katsina, Oyo, Borno
- Gunmen kill five in Plateau community
- Gunmen kill 2, abduct APC chieftain, 9 others in Katsina
- Rapist Joseph McCann was freed to attack 11 victims in rape rampage after major failings by ‘unstable’ probation team
- Reading terror attack: Second victim was 39-year-old American man
- Trump tells Hannity Town Hall Biden ‘can’t put two sentences together’ after gaffe-prone Joe says ‘virus killed 120M’
- Illegal Alien Accused of Murdering 22 Elderly Americans Gets Trial Delayed
- Kenya: Police kill 2 children, fetus trying to catch father
- UPDATE 2-Kenya's central bank cuts benchmark lending rate again
- Victim of Central Park Karen who called police claiming 'an African American man is threatening my life' when he simply asked her to leash her dog ACCEPTS her apology as his sister blasts 'this kind of racism can kill people'
Kenya Says All Gunmen Killed in Hotel Attack; 14 Victims, Including American have 334 words, post on www.necn.com at January 16, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.