POLITICS 01/09/2019 06:00 am ET The Washington state governor is preparing to run for the White House on the sole issue of combating human-caused global warming. By Alexander C. Kaufman Washington state Gov. Jay Inslee (D) signed a pledge Tuesday promising to reject donations from the fossil fuel industry ahead of a likely run for the White House that he’s vowed to uniquely center on climate change. In an interview with HuffPost, Inslee, 67, said he added his name to the list of more than 1,300 politicians across the United States who took the No Fossil Fuel Money Pledge. The vow, administered by a coalition of 16 left-leaning environmental groups, commits candidates to “adopt a policy to not knowingly accept any contributions over $200 from the PACs, executives, or front groups of fossil fuel companies — companies whose primary business is the extraction, processing, distribution, or sale of oil, gas, or coal.” “This is just one small statement that they should not continue to have undue influence over our decision-making over the existential threat against our nation,” Inslee said by phone Tuesday night. “This challenge calls for the scale of national effort similar to when we went to the moon,… Read full this story
- Why Won’t These Democrats Reject Fossil Fuel Money?
- Hickenlooper Reverses Support for 'No Fossil Fuel Money' Pledge: This is an 'Impossible Thing'
- Beto O’Rourke Refused To Sign ‘No Fossil Fuel Money’ Pledge That He Broke Last Election
- Dems Who Joined No Fossil Fuel Money Pledge Cashed In On Big Oil Investments
- Nancy Pelosi Won't Say Climate Panel Can't Take Fossil Fuel Donations
- Jay Inslee Officially Launches 2020 Bid On Climate Change Platform
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee jumps into 2020 race with a White House bid focused on climate change
- Gov. Jay Inslee prioritizes climate change in presidential run
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee announces 2020 presidential bid
- Senators Not Backing Green New Deal Received On Average 7 Times As Much Fossil Fuel Cash
Jay Inslee Pledges To Reject Fossil Fuel Money Ahead Of Climate-Centered 2020 Bid have 310 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at January 9, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.