Imran Khan has said he will overhaul police in Pakistan amid an outcry after counter terrorism officers killed an innocent family and then appeared to try to mount a cover up. Pakistan’s prime minister said the widespread anger at alleged police brutality and impunity was justified and those responsible would face “exemplary punishment”. Saturday’s killing sparked protests in the city of Lahore after four people were shot dead on a road in the town of Sahiwal. Counter-terrorism officers at first said the incident was a shootout with child kidnappers, then said all were terrorists, before saying the driver was a terrorist, but his passengers were innocent. Zeeshan Javed, was killed alongside three passengers – grocery store owner Muhammad Khalil, his wife and their 12 year-old daughter – when their car was riddled with bullets. The grief & anger of the ppl of Pak on Sahiwal incident is understandable & justified. I assure the nation that when I return from Qatar not only will the guilty be given exemplary punishment but I will review the entire structure of Punjab police & start process of reforming it.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) January 21, 2019 Police said Javed fired on officers first and weapons… Read full this story
- Opposition wrong if it thinks it can pressurise me: PM Imran Khan
- Now Sadiq Khan vows to seize control of High Street Kensington to REINSTALL hated cycle lane despite weeks of traffic chaos hours after council finally starts to rip up bollards and fully restore road
- We’ve been thrown to the hyenas: The two Paras facing trial for shooting an IRA godfather 44 years ago talk to the Mail - and we identify the victims of IRA killers not being investigated
- Suspected Gunman Kimani Brown Sought In Deadly Fort Lauderdale Bus Terminal Shooting
- British millionaire shot dead by robbers in Argentina may have been followed by gang who targeted him for his expensive watch, as police reveal 'large gang' was behind the crime
- Nigeria’s Police Reform Efforts Under Scrutiny
- After Outcry Over Abuse, Nigeria’s Police Reform Efforts Under Scrutiny
- Family of black man, 23, shot dead outside his home by Ohio sheriff's deputy for 'waving a gun' say he was actually carrying a SANDWICH
- Christchurch massacre: Police response was 'exemplary'
- Moment ‘addict’ gunman and his hostage, 12, ‘die in shoot-out with cops’ after he shot boy’s mom
Imran Khan vows 'exemplary punishment' after police shoot dead innocent family have 380 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at January 21, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.