YEREVAN, JANUARY 29, ARMENPRESS. Initiatives for Development of Armenia (IDeA) Foundation expands horizons to mobilize investments for implementation of Sustainable Development Goals in Armenia. On 25 January at UN Headquarters in New York the IDeA Foundation, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Permanent Mission of Armenia to the United Nations held a joint event, entitled “Ideas for Impact: Mobilizing Investment for Sustainable Development Goals” (SDGs), IDeA said in a press release. The event, attended by representatives of the UN Member States, the UN system, leading philanthropists and impact investors, civil society, diaspora organizations representatives, explored the ways and opportunities to accelerate solutions and innovations contributing to the achievement of the SDGs. The 17 SDGs summarize the ambitious agenda set by the United Nations Member States to transform the world by 2030. The panel discussion opened with welcome remarks by Mher Margaryan, the Permanent Representative of Armenia to the United Nations, followed by Inga Rhonda King, President of ECOSOC. In his opening remarks, Mher Margaryan, the Permanent Representative of Armenia to the United Nations highlighted the added value of partnerships for sustainable development – the very idea behind the 2030 agenda and Goal 17, which calls for enhanced synergies for… Read full this story
- Appreciative Inquiry to drive inclusive, civic effort to improve Cleveland’s economy
- Looking Ahead to Chart Today’s Course: The Future of Work in sub-Saharan Africa
- Kentucky Expecting Ongoing Growth in 2019
- Louisville grocery store desert: Can the community fix it?
- Driven to Consumption and Money out of Nothing : Indybay
- Democrats Got Their Council Supermajority – Now Comes Deciding How to Use it
- The Mayor's State of the City Speech, Annotated
IDeA shares new ways at UN of mobilizing investments for Sustainable Development Goals have 262 words, post on armenpress.am at January 29, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.