The Sea Eyes project with the total capital of VND1.7 trillion (US$73.29 million) has faced the wave of fierce opposition from residents and scientists. It is expected to reclaim 54.6 hectares in Can Beach, An Vinh commune comprising 3.6 hectares on land and 51 hectares at sea. The Sea Eyes project was proposed by Ly Son Development Company on 10 December last year. Although the island district and investor have many times taken opinions from residents but failed to seek their consensus because the project overlaps the boat anchorage area of residents in An Vinh commune, traditional boat racing area, the place to organize “Le khao le the linh Hoang Sa” (Feast and Commemoration Festival for Hoang Sa Soldiers) ceremony, temples and communal houses, Ly Son marine protected area and the area where underground electric cables run through. In addition, the project affects Global Geopark project which has been submitted to the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and a BT (Build-Transfer) road upgrading project, approved by the provincial People’s Committee. Part of the project locates in the coastal protection corridor in An Vinh commune. Ms. Pham Thi Huong, deputy chairman of Ly Son district People’s Committee, said… Read full this story
- Delingpole: Brexit ‘Project Fear’ Hits Peak Hysteria with Plan to Evacuate the Queen
- America's Fastest-Growing Urban Area Has a Water Problem
- Village women trek to urban areas to sell camel milk
- China plans 'Greater Bay Area' project to rival Silicon Valley
- I’ve lived near Long Island City for more than a decade. Here’s why I’m worried Amazon HQ2 may come to Queens.
- We asked real estate experts where Amazon’s HQ2 could go in Long Island City, Queens — here’s what they said
- Projects backed by local IDAs have hired 51,632 people: DiNapoli study
- Here's when tolls will jump to $6, $7 and $8 on San Francisco Bay Area bridges
- Heat Advisory Issued For Parts Of Bay Area
- Huge Iceberg Poised to Break Off Antarctica's Pine Island Glacier
Huge urban area project feared to hurt Ly Son Island have 321 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at January 31, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.