The Vietnam-Cuba friendship hospitals in Hanoi and the central province of Quang Binh are a symbol of the friendship and cooperation between the two countries.
In September 1973, during a visit to Quang Tri and Quang Binh provinces, President Fidel Castro decided to give Quang Binh a spacious and modern hospital to serve local people and injured soldiers.
The construction of the hospital began on May 19, 1974 and it was put into operation on September 9, 1981 with nearly 500 beds.
The Cuban Health Ministry has sent three experienced doctors who have expertise in tumour surgery, traumatology and cardiovascular intervention to help doctors in Vietnam-Cuba Dong Hoi hospital in technological transfer and treatment.
The Vietnam-Cuba friendship hospital in Hanoi was put into operation in June 1969, specialised in otorhinolaryngology and odonto-stomatology. The hospital is equipped with modern facilities and has conducted tooth implants and treatment of malignant facial tumors.
The Vietnam-Cuba hospitals in Hanoi and Quang Binh province are a valuable gift that Cuba has given to the Vietnamese people and a beautiful symbol of the solidarity and friendship between Vietnam and Cuba.-VNA
- Vietnam, Cuba vow to deepen relations
- Vietnam, Cuba agree to beef up legislative ties
- Vietnam, Cuba hold high-level talks
- Vietnam’s top legislator meets with Vice President of Cuba
- Seminar casts light on investment opportunities in Cuba
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 18
- Documentary on President Ho Chi Minh screened in Cuba
- Chief of Army’s General Staff visits Cuba to boost ties