At the dragon boat race in 2018 (Source: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Hanoi’s traditional dragon boat race is scheduled for February 16 and 17, the first weekend after the Tet (Lunar New Year) holiday. The organiser said the event will attract some 500 professional and amateur racers from 35 domestic and international teams, who will compete in groups of 12 people each on a 600m course on West Lake – the area near Ly Tu Trong Park, and Thanh Nien and Nguyen Dinh Thi roads. Professional competitors come from China, Malaysia, Singapore, Laos, and Hong Kong, as well as various different Vietnamese cities and provinces. They will split into male and female events on January 16. The amateur grouping consists of teams from localities in Hanoi that will enter the qualifications on January 16 and the final round the next day. The group will also see various team from foreign embassies, public agencies, and businesses competing on February 17. The race is part of activities to realise the cooperation agreement between the municipal People’s Committee and Vietnam Airlines on cultural and sports development in the capital. In February last year, the first dragon boat festival was organised on West… Read full this story
- Egypt's Nile River hosts int'l dragon boat festival to celebrate Chinese New Year
- Thames riverside is deserted thanks to coronavirus lockdown on day Boat Race was due to take place
- With white Mavelis, dragon boat vallamkali and late night sadyas, Malayalis are rocking Onam abroad!
- Mt Kenya run winners’ cash prizes ready
- Coronavirus: Hanoi mulls scenario to quarantine city streets
- Five familiar names from UK and Irish racing competing at Rosehill in Australia tomorrow
- SuperCoach Racing expert Paige Cardona reveals her ultimate guide to Round 5 of SuperCoach Racing this weekend
- Cheltenham Festival 2020 RECAP: Al Boum Photo wins Gold Cup for second year running
- Coronavirus knock-on effect could shut down charity which helped racing in flu crisis
- Vietnam Grand Prix adds new corner to racing track ahead of F1 debut
Hanoi: Dragon boat race to run in February have 315 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 29, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.