Hang Huu Huynh Company today inaugurated Song Than II wastewater treatment plant in Di An town, Binh Duong province.
|Song Than II wastewater treatment plant officially opened on January 26|
The wastewater treatment plant has a treatment capacity of 10,000-18,000 cubic metres per day. This is the first plant in Vietnam to process industrial water into clean water by the use of microorganisms.
Addressing the ceremony, Huynh Uy Dung, chairman of Hang Huu Huynh, said that the firm plans to spend 30 per cent of its profit for charity activities and 10 per cent on environmental science research on wastewater, waste, and emissions.
In 2018-2021, Hang Huu Huynh will invest around VND10 trillion ($434.8 million) to build 100 wastewater treatment plants in environmental pollution hotspots nationwide.
Dung stated that in the past, industrial parks have made an important contribution to the economic growth of the country, attracting foreign investment, and creating jobs to the locals. However, the development of industrial parks has brought many shortcomings and challenges such as environmental pollution concerning the public.
Water resources are at an alarming rate. Thousands of industrial production units are discharging either untreated or substandard treated wastewater into the environment. This has gradually polluted clean water sources, bringing heavy impact on public health and social security.
According to the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Vietnam now has 615 industrial clusters, only five per cent of which have centralised wastewater treatment systems, and about 300 industrial parks discharging more than 2 million cu.m of wastewater a day. However, only 60 per cent of discharged wastewater is treated through centralised wastewater treatment plants and up to 70 per cent is not thoroughly treated. Such wastewater is then discharged directly into ponds, lakes, and rivers.
The launch of Song Than II wastewater treatment plant is expected to improve the treatment of industrial wastewater, waste discharge, and pollution concentration in Vietnam. The treated wastewater will meet the standards set by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment and the Ministry of Health.
|Song Than II is the first plant to process industrial water into clean water by microorganisms|
- Wastewater treatment plant in Moc Bai IP put into operation
- Australia’s Trisun Energy to build $520 mln waste treatment plant in Vietnam
- Neptune Society of Northern California Celebrates Grand Opening of Fairfield Location
- Becamex Binh Duong FC secure win in Vietnam-Japan U13 football tournament
- Vietnam's Binh Duong FC win first leg of AFC Cup’s ASEAN Zonal semi-finals
- Chinh to be Binh Duong’s technical director
- Binh Duong to host Ha Noi in AFC Cup ASEAN Zonal final first leg
- Binh Duong makes economic breakthroughs in 2019
- ProCuts Grand Opening in Southampton April 12!
- Wickenburg Ranch Celebrates the Grand Opening of the Ranch House and Lake Park