AUSTIN — Three candidates are running in a special election in El Paso to replace state Rep. Joe Pickett, who stepped down from his seat in the Texas House earlier this month. The race between Democrats Art Fierro and Michiel Noe and Republican Hans Sassenfeld will be brief: the election is scheduled for Jan. 29 and early voting starts on Jan. 14. More: Three candidates will compete in special election to replace state Rep. Joe Pickett The winner will serve in the Texas House alongside Sen. José Rodríguez and state Reps. César Blanco, Mary González, Joe Moody and Lina Ortega, all of whom are Democrats. Each candidate received a list of questions and was asked to submit answers in writing. Their responses are presented in alphabetical order by last name and have been edited for brevity and clarity. More: El Paso lawmakers file bills to reduce drug penalties, respond to ‘sanctuary cities’ ban Meet the candidates for HD 79 Name, Age: Art Fierro, 57 Party: Democrat Background/Occupation: El Paso Community College Trustee and Chairman, marketing and government relations Fun fact: is family pet is a 50-pound (and growing) tortoise named Diana Name, Age: Dr. Michiel Noe, 57 Party: Democrat Background/Occupation: OB-GYN, former city council representative Fun fact: He has… Read full this story
- In El Paso, Trump and O'Rourke go head-to-head over wall
- News Hugpong bets willing to engage opponents in debates, says Sara
- The Joe Nitti Roadster
- 1965 Chevy El Camino Overheating Fix
- Jimmer Time! Fredette returns to Sacramento to face Kings in debut for Phoenix Suns
- New faces and new ideas for Wolfpack football this spring
- U.S. issues a 'second public plea' on recalled vehicles with defective airbags
- Is there room for F-bombs in politics?
- Is Kamala Harris next to go?: California Democrat on brink of exiting presidential race after firing dozens of campaign staff and dropping to three per cent in the polls
- Scouting DuPage County boys basketball
Candidates in special election to replace Rep. Joe Pickett debate issues facing El Paso have 313 words, post on www.elpasotimes.com at January 9, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.