HSG exports steel sheets to US Steel producer Hoa Sen Group reported that it shipped 17,000 tonnes of steel sheets to the US worth US$14 million on Thursday. The company has been exporting to the US since 2014 and shipments have been increasing recently. A company spokesperson said the shipment proves the company’s capacity and global competitiveness since exports to the US and EU have been hit by the trade barriers they have imposed. Hoa Sen has exported to over 75 nations and territories. In 2017-18, it produced nearly 1.9 million tonnes of steel worth over VND34.4 trillion ($1.5 billion), up 13 per cent in volume and 32 per cent in value over the previous year. Revenues from domestic sales were worth over VND22 trillion ($964 million), up 34 per cent, and exports fetched $538 million, up 27 per cent. Its profit after tax was VND410 billion ($18 million). It uses advanced technologies to meet the standards expected in international markets like the US, the EU, Japan, Australia, India, Indonesia, and Malaysia, it said. Exports would become easier when it sets up production facilities near ports, it said. At a ceremony held to flag off the year’s first… Read full this story
- Baton Rouge, New Orleans area Business Briefs for Dec. 15, 2019
- Friday briefing: Labour supporters wake to nightmare result
- EMERGING MARKETS-Latam FX, stocks rally on upbeat trade news, dovish Fed
- Boy, 14, is shot at close range by 'an off-duty Hong Kong cop' who is beaten by protesters hurling petrol bombs at him during clashes hours after Beijing-backed ban on face masks to 'put an end to the chaos'
- Tuesday briefing: odds shorten on Long-Bailey for Labour
- Sex and politics are BANNED in TV soaps as Egypt's President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi unleashes new wave of censorship with his government using WhatsApp to tell the news media what to report
- And we’re off! Early-bird voters brave the cold and rain to cast their ballots as Britain heads to the polls in the most crucial election in a generation
- Soybeans jump 1%, set for biggest weekly gain in over 2 months
- Boris Johnson calls for a snap poll after MPs, including 21 Tory rebels, seize control of Commons to block no deal - and now PM must see off plot by Opposition and Remainers to deny us even a new General Election
- Fall of the Remainer martyrs: Turncoat MPs who rebelled against their parties are BOOTED OUT of the Commons
BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 14/1 have 387 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at January 14, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.