Uncertainty around Brexit is causing businesses in the region to stockpile supplies and ingredients, a report by regional super-council West Yorkshire Combined Authority has warned. The paper, produced by the authority’s business communications group (BCG), claimed the stockpiling was causing shortages of components and ingredients in certain sectors.It goes on to claim Brexit could cause skills shortages in industries reliant on migrant labour, such as construction.The report also states the lack of detail or clarity on a future deal was preventing other business support groups from giving companies the help they need to prepare for Britain’s exit from the EU.Its publication comes days after Theresa May lost a parliamentary vote on her proposed Brexit deal. It was then announced a new proposed deal would be presented to the Commons on January 29.The report stated: “Overall, those BCG members present noted a fall in confidence among their members compared with the previous quarter, which they felt was largely the result of growing Brexit uncertainty.“The chambers (of commerce) in the region and the Federation of Small Businesses have put in place checklists to help firms consider what issues they may need to address as a result of Brexit, however until the contents… Read full this story
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 31
- What is a no-deal Brexit? What it would mean with just 200 days to go until we leave EU
- Britain braces for Big Freeze: Forecasters issue weather warnings for snow and ice in the north with parts of England to be gripped by harsh frost as 'Beast from the East' sweeps in
- It's here! RAF jet touches down in London with historic Brexit trade deal for Boris Johnson to sign, after beaming EU chiefs do the honours in Brussels - with MPs set to give their seal of approval
- Covid will be around 'FOREVER' and Brits will need 'repeated vaccinations', warns SAGE scientist who says Boris being forced to impose another national lockdown is 'possible' but 'local ones are more likely'
- Brexit news latest – UK has a ‘great future’ after trade deal as four Navy warships patrol English Channel
- Britain braces for snow and ice chaos: Forecasters issue weather warnings for most of the UK as arctic blast threatens power cuts and rail and road closures with up to six inches of snow set to fall over next 24 hours
- Critically-ill Covid patients in London and south east will be sent to hospitals in the West Country to ease pressure on overwhelmed wards amid second wave as medics warn of more under 30s battling virus in intensive care
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 29
- What Brexit chaos? Britain says EU trade is 'running smoothly' as trucks cross Channel on UK's first day outside single market - as first Irish Sea checks take place under new deal
Brexit causing West Yorkshire's businesses to ‘stockpile ingredients’, report warns have 459 words, post on www.yorkshirepost.co.uk at January 18, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.