One year ago, Donald Trump predicted he would have a “tremendous year” in office as he looked ahead to his second year as President Mr Trump was welcoming the New Year in after facing a string of controversies in 2017, including; calling NFL players “sons of b****es” for kneeling during the national anthem, his reaction to the violent Charlottesville rally and travel bans. Today marks the second anniversary of Mr Trump’s inauguration and his second year has been dogged with further controversy. From his meeting with Kanye West in the White House after Hurricane Michael, to publicly backing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, who faced down allegations of serious misconduct before being appointed to the US Supreme Court. Mr Trump has also faced terrible tragedies in his second year, as numerous mass shootings took place across the country. The president was later accused of “failing to lead a divided nation” by former presidential candidate, Mitt Romney. Here, we take a look back at some of the President’s most notable moments from two years in office. Donald Trump and Kim Jong-Un meet The world’s attention was thrust onto Mr Trump as he met with North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un in June. Their anticipated meeting came… Read full this story
- FBI raid on Donald Trump's lawyer's office 'sought documents on infamous Access Hollywood tape'
- Donald Trump postpones second meeting with Vladimir Putin until Russia investigation concludes
- Donald Trump tweeted five years ago that he would never blurt Syria invasion ‘all over the media like fools’
- Japan’s PM to play golf and talk politics with Donald Trump in Florida
- Donald Trump arrives at Chequers for crunch showdown with Theresa May after explosive Brexit interview
- 'Donald Trump's unease about Nato is neither shocking or new – but he is only one factor in its likely decline'
- Physical storms brewing for Donald Trump’s visit to Chequers
- Donald Trump was so engrossed in seeing Churchill exhibition at Blenheim Palace he delayed dinner for 150 guests
- Opinion: Donald Trump is cosying up to Vladimir Putin while cutting off Europe – we should be scared
- Donald Trump’s best cars as The Beast hits UK streets – from limousines to Lamborghinis
A look back at Donald Trump’s tumultuous second year in office have 356 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at January 20, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.