An Giang (VNA) – Launching the 2019 National Volunteer Year, the Central Committee of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union on January 18 and 19 sent a delegation to border posts located along the borderline in the southwestern province of An Giang.
The dispatch was made as the country just marked the 40th anniversary of the victory of the war for the defence of the southwestern border and is welcoming the imminent traditional lunar New Year which will fall in early next month.
Speaking while visiting the Nhon Nhung border post in Tinh Bien district on January 19, Permanent Secretary of the committee Nguyen An Tuan asked the youth organisations to bring into full play the vanguard and volunteer role. Voluntary activities must be held regularly and manifest the creativeness of the youth, he said, asking for effective and suitable investment to the activities.
Earlier, the delegation visited the Vinh Nguon border post on January 18.
During the visits, youth representatives conducted free health checks and treatments to locals, planted trees, popularized traffic safety, and presented gifts to the poor of ethnic minority groups and veterans and invalids of the war.-VNA
- Urban India needs to break with the status quo for a sustainable future
- Beijing 2022 2-year countdown: How a century-old Olympic dream has transformed a century-old railway
- Teacher allegedly pressured to remain silent in child-grooming case
- General Election 2019: The first 24 hours of social media election ads
- WCU Earns 2020 Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- ScoMo Dundee: A future Aussie PM's role in New Zealand's great tourism wars
- I respect Nitish Kumar, says Prashant Kishor. Then, a sharp takedown
- NYPD detective kills himself in mother's home in Queens - marking the first force suicide in 2020 after 10 cops took their own lives last year
- EXCLUSIVE: 'I wish I'd never set up that Trump Tower meeting!' Russian pop star at center of infamous 'Hillary dirt' offer, tells of relief at end of Mueller probe as he finally gets to perform U.S. tour he canceled fearing he would be indicted
- Brighton's coronavirus 'super-spreader' is OUT of hospital and 'no longer contagious': Businessman scout leader who infected 11 people across the EU and UK will now 'happily back with his family'