According to the Agro Processing Market Development Authority (AgroTrade) under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the country shipped 5.7 million tons of rice abroad during January-November and bagged USD 2.9 billion, increasing 5.6 percent in quantity and 17.7 percent in value against the same time last year.
Accounting for 24.1 percent of the market share, China remained the largest importer of Vietnamese rice. However, exports to the East Asian market in the first months of this year experienced a fall of 39.1 percent in volume and 30 percent in value to 1.24 million tons and USD 636.2 million, respectively.
In stark contrast, substantial surge was seen in the shipments to Indonesia (up 65.8 times), Iraq (2.6 times), China’s Hong Kong (71.1 percent), the Philippines (58.5 percent), and Malaysia (17.2 percent).
Notably, the price of exported rice hit USD 504 per ton on average during January-October, up 12.3 percent. White rice exports accounted for 51 percent of the total earnings, jasmine rice 32 percent, glutinous rice 12 percent, and japonica rice 5 percent.
The AgroTrade said that rice exports have shown positive signals recently, with many securing contracts.
Tan Long Group won the right to export 118,000 tons of rice to the Philippines on November 20, to go along with the firm’s other large export contracts to the Republic of Korea.
Between now and the year’s end, Indonesia and the Philippines plan to import more rice via international bidding and government contracts, while Egypt is forecast to buy 500,000 tons of the food at the beginning of next year as the country reduced its cultivation land.
- Vietnam to earn over 3.15 billion USD from rice exports
- Agri-forestry-fishery exports fetch USD 15 billion
- Vietnam earns 27.3 bln USD from export in two months
- Agro-fishery-forestry exports reach USD 24.6 billion in ten months
- Wide door for Vietnamese rice export
- Bản in : Vietnam earns 27.3 bln USD from export in two months
- Vietnam earns US$22.3 billion from exports in seven months
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 15
- Rice exports earn 2.5 billion USD