US Ambassador to Vietnam Daniel Kritenbrink speaks at the workshop (Source: thanhnien.vn) During the event, the US diplomat expressed his belief that Vietnam will make a good development plan on the basis of the market economy and the private economic sector to promote its international integration, thus ensuring domestic economic growth and contributing to prosperity and defence-security in Indo-Pacific region. The workshop focused on the Indo-Pacific strategy, economic impact on Vietnam and measures to promote sustainable development in Vietnam and regional nations. The ambassador said the strategy aims to build a market economy and open investment environment in the principle of supporting, protecting and respecting the right of individuals to invest in this region, including Vietnam. The US invested over US$500 million in implementing the strategy in 2018, he said. According to the diplomat, US firms have invested in over 1,500 new projects worth more than US$61 billion in the Indo-Pacific region. Vietnam and the US have potential for enhancing cooperation in digital economy, information technology, infrastructure and energy, Kritenbrink said. Deputy Foreign Minister Pham Quang Vinh said as a member of ASEAN, Vietnam wants to cooperate with other ASEAN nations to promote the regional economic development. The US plays… Read full this story
- Suffolk students praised for ‘determination, integrity and resilience’ at Young Enterprise regional finals
- Vietnam Is a Frontier Market for Good Reason
- Erdoğan praises Turkish aid agency’s efforts for poor
- What is a diplomat and how has Russia responded after the UK, US, EU and Nato countries expelled Russian spies?
- Nalbandian addresses diplomats: Cold numbers and facts show huge amount of work
- Trade Tension With China, U.S. Pushes South Korea Toward Vietnam
- American detained in Vietnam to face first trial
- News.Az — Your Window to the RegionNon-Aligned Movement: Azerbaijan expands "diplomatic geography"
- Top Vietnam Oil Company Says China Sea Tensions Hurt Investment
- DFB rejects racism allegations as Ozil retires from international football
US diplomat praises Vietnam’s international integration efforts have 310 words, post on english.vov.vn at December 8, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.