Date created : 14/12/2018 – 09:42 Controversial French author Michel Houellebecq has again raised eyebrows with a quasi defense of the US president. Under Donald Trump, “America is no longer the world’s leading power,” he said, adding: This is “good news for the rest of the world”. Tension-stirring French writer Michel Houellebecq on Thursday published a defense of US President Donald Trump, calling him “one of the best American presidents I’ve ever seen.”In the essay printed in Harper’s Magazine, a New York-based monthly, Houellebecq praises Trump for his protectionist trade policies, his disdain for the European Union and his willingness to negotiate with iron-handed leaders like Russia’s Vladimir Putin and North Korea’s Kim Jong Un.”It seems that President Trump has even managed to tame the North Korean madman; I found this feat positively classy,” Houellebecq wrote in the article translated from French.While he kicked off by labeling Trump an “appalling clown,” the French provocateur also argued enthusiastically that the US president has ushered in the end of American imperialism: “The United States of America is no longer the world’s leading power.””This isn’t necessarily bad news for Americans,” he wrote. “It’s very good news for the rest of the world.””The Americans… Read full this story
- Trump, in Fox News interview, says of Kim Jong Un: 'We understand each other'
- Tanzania: Good News As Lending Rates Fall
- The Briefing: The good news Trump won't tell you about immigrants
- Donald Trump Has Saved The World From Nuclear War – According To Donald Trump
- French Finance Minister: 'Good News that Merkel Has Now Reacted'
- Donald Trump vows to secure borders, says wants merit-based people to come inside US
- Melania Trump visits US-Mexico border, sparking controversy with 'I really don't care' jacket
- US-North Korea Summit Live Updates: "Good For Peace," Says Kim Jong Un On Bilateral
- Ohio lawmakers hope Trump got good deal from North Korea's Kim Jong Un
- Mitt Romney appears to be embracing Trump presidency
Trump presidency 'good news' for the world, says controversial French author Houellebecq have 321 words, post on www.france24.com at December 14, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.