The plant has been built over 6.8 hectares with the capacity of 20,000 cubic meters a day, having the total investment capital of VND2.5 trillion (US$115 million) including VND1.5 trillion financed by the World Bank. The remaining amount is reciprocal capital from the province.
The plant will collect and handle household wastewater from five wards in Di An town with about 40,000 households.
That is the third wastewater treatment plant coming into operation in the province after two plants in Thu Dau Mot city and Thuan An town. The project aims to reduce environmental pollution, contributing in improving water quality in the Dong Nai river which is one of major water supply for residents in Binh Duong, Dong Nai province and HCMC.
By XUAN TRUNG – Translated by Hai Mien
- First phase of Đuống river water treatment plant inaugurated
- ADB considers cooperation with Binh Duong in environmental projects
- SF gets big EPA loan to upgrade sewage treatment plant
- Fast-growing Binh Duong appeals to local, foreign investors
- World Trade Centre to be built in Binh Duong New City
- SF seeks EPA loan to help pay for waste treatment plant upgrades
- Binh Duong’s GRDP grows 7 percent in six months
- Businesses team up to help develop Binh Duong smart city
- Binh Duong plays host to 2019 Horasis Asia Meeting
- Horasis – Asia Meeting – a good opportunity for Binh Duong: Deputy PM