The Geordie singer-songwriter Sam Fender has been named the Critics’ Choice prize winner ahead of next year’s Brit Awards. Tyneside-based Fender, 22, was on a shortlist alongside Scottish star Lewis Capaldi and R&B singer Mahalia. Fender, who writes about subjects of social and generational significance, has been on the road touring and recently released his debut EP, Dead Boys. The North Shields star said: “I am truly humbled to win the Brits Critics’ Choice award. Being nominated was crazy enough, never mind winning it. I’m so grateful to everyone back home for believing and to my band and team for all their hard work. “We’ve played literally hundreds of shows this year, and we’re going to go even harder in 2019. “Most importantly, a big shout to my fans. I’ve met a lot of you over the last few years and it’s truly an honour to get up and play night after night to such a wonderful bunch of people. “To everyone who’s taken a punt on me so far, thank you. Here’s to next year!” Fender is the first winner of a 2019 Brit Award. Previous winners of the Critics Choice prize, which was first handed out in 2008,… Read full this story
- North Shields to host a Beer and Cheese festival
- Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway triumphs at TV Choice Awards
- Nation's favourite TV stars hit red carpet for glitzy awards night
- Michelle Keegan celebrates scooping top prize at TV Choice Awards as she takes Best Actress gong for Our Girl
- Riverdale dominates Teen Choice Awards 2018
- Salons in Worthing, Shoreham and Littlehampton vie for People’s Choice Award 2018
- Who is Harry Judd? McFly drummer, Rip It Up star, Strictly winner and dad of two with wife Izzy
- Ant and Dec win big at glitzy TV awards despite recent troubles
- Louis Tomlinson picks up Teen Choice gong as Riverdale dominates awards
- Who are the Mercury Prize 2018 shortlisted artists, when are the awards and what are the latest odds?
North Shields star named winner of Brits Critics' Choice award have 330 words, post on www.chroniclelive.co.uk at December 7, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.