Even when Barack Obama was proposing it, I was in favor of some kind of criminal justice reform. While I have no sympathy for those who commit any kind of violence or those, like Bernie Madoff, whose greed annihilates people’s lives, the idea of non-violent offenders wasting away in prison is absurd. What’s more, too many of our prisons are unsafe. If the state is going to take away someone’s rights, at the very least it has an obligation to protect that person. The very idea that “prison rape” has become a joke in our culture represents a massive failure of our government fulfilling its primary obligation to keep us safe … and a massive failure of a culture that is okay with that.People who break the law must be punished. Even if that punishment is not a deterrent, justice demands it. But there must also be an attempt to rehabilitate and the opportunity for second chances. It’s a complicated subject, and I do not want to waste too much time on it here, but if you believe as I do that — as Andrew Breitbart famously said — culture is upstream from politics, anyone interested in criminal justice reform… Read full this story
- Sanders Releases Excellent Criminal Justice Reform Plan
- Why Criminal Justice Reformers Should Keep an Eye on Brooklyn
- This new organization wants to be an accelerator for criminal justice reform projects
- Criminal justice reform turns to list of problem officers
- Trump: Hey Blacks, Look at These Unemployment Rates and Criminal Justice Reform. We Good?
- Why the criminal justice system should abandon algorithms
- Larry Krasner Needs the Democrats to Stand Up for Justice
- Theresa May announces reform of police stop-and-search powers
- Home secretary Priti Patel criticised over wish for criminals ‘to feel terror’
- I've quit the probation service over the government's ill thought-out reforms
Nolte: Primetime Television Makes ‘Criminal Justice Reform’ More Difficult have 301 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 4, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.