This year, Lao Cai tourism continued rapid growth in accommodation establishments, hotels and quality of services. Specifically, the number of accommodation establishments increased from 435 in 2010 to 1,198 in 2018, four to five-star hotels numbering just 1 in 2010 rose to 7 in 2018, while the number of two to three-star hotels rose from 29 in 2010 to 66 in 2018.
The locality earned VND13.4 trillion in 2018, up 13% from the year’s plan and up 42% from the previous year.
Tourism products were also diversified with better quality such combination between tourism and recreation, traveling and discovering cultural heritage, attracting more domestic and foreign tourists to Lao Cai.
In 2018, numerous cultural activities associated with tourism were organized such as Vietnam Mountain Marathon in Sapa, International Mountain Bike Racing Tournament, Bac Ha Culture and Tourism Week, Bac Ha Traditional Horse Race, Sa Pa Autumn Festival and more./.BTA
- Romania loses attractiveness to foreign tourists
- Foreign tourists spend €420 million in Estonia in second quarter
- Italy surpasses France for foreign tourists
- Over 11,000 tonnes of lychees shipped to China via Lao Cai border gate
- Antalya welcomes record 10 million foreign tourists
- Number of foreign tourists to Spain up 5.3 pct
- Almost 900,000 foreign tourists visit Kyiv in 1H 2019
- Trend of increasing number of foreign tourists snapped in May
- Brazil Welcomes All Foreign Aid to Fight Amazon Wildfires
- UNIAN: Almost 900,000 foreign tourists visit Kyiv in 1H 2019