In Ho Chi Minh City, a delegation of senior officials led by Secretary of the municipal Party Committee Nguyen Thien Nhan visited the General Confederation of the Evangelical Church of Southern Vietnam (GCEC).
On the occasion, Nhan wished the church’s executive board, Protestant priests, and followers a merry Christmas and happy New Year.
He lauded the group’s activities regarding charity and environmental protection over the past year. The official hoped the church would continue working with local organisations and religious committees in arranging important social events, and that Protestant priests and followers would go on to make further contributions to the city’s socio-economic development.
Priest Thai Phuoc Tuong, head of the GCEC, thanked the municipal authorities for their support of the church’s activities. He pledged to continue encouraging followers to make active contributions to the city’s growth.
Meanwhile, the An Giang delegation, led by Vice Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Nguyen Thanh Binh, visited the Long Xuyen and Nui Sap Evangelical churches in Thoai Son district, also greeting them with a happy Christmas and New Year.
Praising the churches’ involvement in socio-economic development programmes, Binh hoped their executive boards would continue guiding Protestants to join patriotic movements, as well as rural building and charity activities.
Representative priests thanked the authorities for their assistance and vowed to encourage their followers to implement the Party and State’s law and policies. –VNA
- HCM City Party leader receives former US President
- Evangelical churches believe men should control women. It can lead to domestic violence
- Music shows bring Christmas cheer to HCM City
- HCM City hospital removes woman’s spleen with 5kg tumour
- Three missing in sunken ship salvage in HCM City
- HCM City set to host Vietnam Young Leaders Forum
- HCM City launches activities in response to World Environment Day
- Series of supporting industry exhibitions gets underway in HCM City
- HCM City could become fintech hub: experts
- HCM City seeks investment for HCM City-Moc Bai Expressway project