Dec 26, 9:56 AM EST Newsletter Signup BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureOpinionSportsLuxury Business By Lou Whiteman 12/24/18 AT 2:47 AM General Dynamics (NYSE:GD) is launching a counteroffensive after Canadian government officials expressed desire to scrap a $13 billion armored vehicle sale to Saudi Arabia.This article originally appeared in The Motley FoolCanadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in a Dec. 16 television interview said he is looking at ways to back out of the planned sale in response to the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi and Saudi Arabia’s involvement in the Yemen war. The Saudi deal with General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada for Canadian-made LAV 6 armored personnel carriers was negotiated by the previous government, led by Conservative Stephen Harper. A General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon fighter jet performs during an air display at the Farnborough Airshow Photo: Reuters Following the prime minister’s television appearance, GD’s Canadian operations issued a written statement, noting that backing out of the deal could leave the government on the hook for significant penalties.”Were Canada to unilaterally terminate the contract, Canada would incur billions of dollars of liability to General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada,” General Dynamics said in the statement. “We hope that we will be allowed to continue to keep building sophisticated, high-value… Read full this story
- Lucid Gets Real With $1 Billion Saudi Investment
- Here Is the $13 Billion Federal Case Against JPMorgan That Jamie Dimon Doesn’t Want You to See
- China's Video Game Industry Pulled In Over $13 Billion. Yes,
- Union Set to 'Waste General Motors' in Canada
- Cuomo Unveils $13 Billion JFK Overhaul, Promises Subway Is 'Next'
- Daimler, BMW will invest $1.13 billion in mobility JV to rival Uber
- D-Day for May as She Seeks Backing for Draft Brexit Deal
- Trudeau calls meeting as Canada, US near free trade deal
- The BMW M Festival Is Coming To Canada July 13–14, 2019
- Energy Irony: Trans Canada Wants 15 Billion From Obama
General Dynamics Cautions Canada Against Backing Out Of $13 Billion Saudi Deal have 298 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at December 24, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.