Paris (CNN)France is bracing for another weekend of protests that could rock Paris and other parts of the country. Prime Minister Edouard Philippe said the government was deploying 89,000 security force members across France — including 8,000 in the capital — in case the demonstrations turn violent again. Many of Paris’ famed sites — including the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, the Musée Delacroix and the Paris Opera — will close over the weekend in advance of the protests, organized by the “gilets jaunes,” or “yellow vest” movement. The name comes from the high-visibility yellow vests that drivers are required to keep in their vehicles for safety reasons. Interior Minister Christophe Castaner vowed to deploy all the means available to ensure the latest protests are not hijacked by what he called “a small minority” who have been “radicalized and fallen into violence and hate.” The Eiffel Tower will be closed to visitors over the weekend because of expected “yellow vest” protests. “We have to guarantee the safety of protesters and the right of citizens to move around freely,” Castaner told a news conference Friday. Read More Stores along the famed Champs-Elysées have also been advised to remain shut. Shop owners were… Read full this story
- Paris police fire teargas on anniversary of gilets jaunes protests
- 'Gilets jaunes' protesters threaten to bring France to a standstill
- ‘Macron’s arrogance unites us’ – on the barricades with France’s gilets jaunes
- Just who are the gilets jaunes?
- Gilets jaunes mark anniversary of first protest
- French police weapons under scrutiny after gilets jaunes injuries
- Gilets jaunes movement sprang from nowhere to stun France. One year on, it's in desperate search of a direction
- France boosts security amid fear of new 'yellow vest' protest riots
- Watch live: Violence as Gilets Jaunes mark one year anniversary of protest movement
- Strictly bosses ban stars from going out in Blackpool amid fears for their safety
Eiffel Tower, Louvre to close amid fears of weekend 'gilets jaunes' protests have 306 words, post on edition.cnn.com at December 6, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.