Egypt on Saturday announced the discovery of a private tomb belonging to a senior official from the 5th dynasty of the pharaohs, which ruled roughly 4,400 years ago. Antiquities Minister Khaled al-Anani announced the find at the site of the tomb in Saqqara, just west of Cairo, which is also home to the famed Step Pyramid. He said drawings on the tomb’s walls were “exceptionally well-preserved.” The drawings depicted the official and his family, he added. The tomb also contained a total of 45 statues carved in rock. Again, they depict the official and his family. The explosion happened in the Northern Japanesse city of Sapporo Sunday evening. (Published Sunday, Dec. 16, 2018) In recent years, Egypt has heavily promoted new archaeological finds to international media and diplomats in the hope of attracting more tourists to the country. The vital tourism sector has suffered from the years of political turmoil and violence that followed a 2011 uprising that toppled autocrat Hosni Mubarak. Copyright Associated Press
- New technique reveals 2,000-year-old writings in mummy cases
- Bushfire death toll climbs to 25 as the body of a 71-year-old man is found on his scorched property on the New South Wales south coast
- Ten-year-old child is found dead inside plane landing gear after flight from Ivory Coast to Paris
- Magician Criss Angel shares a heartbreaking video of himself shaving his son's head, after revealing the five-year-old's leukemia returned and he is undergoing chemo again
- Ivanka Trump shares photos of three-year-old son Theo getting 'busted' by Secret Service as he tried to run off Air Force One, as she admits she 'narrowly avoided a major parenting fail'
- Body is found in river during search for missing 15-year-old boy who vanished on New Year's Eve in County Down
- IKEA agrees to pay $46 MILLION to parents of two-year-old boy who died when dresser fell on top of him in biggest wrongful child death settlement in US history
- Birds of a Feather TV executive, 46, killed herself four months after finding her 16-year-old ballet dancer son hanged at the family home
- NYPD: Suspect In Custody In Killing Of 92-Year-Old Woman On Queens Street
- Boy, 15, is charged with murder in the brutal Christmas Eve attack of a 61-year-old man who was robbed of $1
Egypt Announces Discovery of 4,400-Year-Old Tomb have 359 words, post on www.necn.com at December 16, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.