Most of the UK will wake to icy fog this Christmas morning with visibility cut to just 50 metres in some parts of the country. The Met Office issued a ‘danger to life’ weather warning from 3pm Christmas Eve to 11am Christmas Day as large swathes of the country face freezing fog misery. It said fog or freezing fog patches which could be dense in places are expected from the South West to the East Midlands, and Yorkshire and the Humber. Visibility could be cut to 50 metres in the worst-hit areas and the Met Office said it could lead to slower journey times. Eight regions have been issued with yellow weather warnings, as forecasters predict a huge band of eerie “freezing fog will become widespread”. East Midlands, East of England, London and the South East, North East England, South West England, West Midlands and Yorkshire and Humber are said to be affected by the mist. “The visibility may fall to around 50 metres at times,” the Met Office said. “Fog will tend to thin and lift in western and some central areas of England overnight, but will be slow to clear on Christmas Day in the east, perhaps persisting… Read full this story
- UK weather forecast: Met Office says heat-wave will return in 28C swing over 48 hours
- UK weather forecast: Brits brace for washout with heavy downpours and thunderstorms
- UK weather forecast: Temperature to hit 21C by Thursday thanks to French heat flare
- UK weather forecast: Britain set to be hotter than Lanzarote in mini-heatwave
- UK weather forecast: April 'is hottest in 6 years' as Brits urged to still stay indoors
- Easter weekend weather forecast: All you need to know as millions face travel chaos
- Met Office issues thunderstorm and flash flood warnings for rest of Easter Sunday
- UK weather forecast: Flood alerts in place as heavy rain threatens weekend wash out
- UK weather forecast: Brits to bake in 22C heat but thunder and heavy rain on the way
- UK weather forecast: Frosty start before temperatures soar despite 'gale force winds'
Christmas Day weather forecast: Met Office warning over 'danger to life' icy fog have 329 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 25, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.