caption Meng Wanzhou, CFO of Huawei and daughter of founder Ren Zhengfei. source REUTERS/Alexander Bibik Chinese state media outles have attacked Washington over the arrest Huawei’s CFO Meng Wanzho. China Daily said the arrest was part of a US plan to stifle Huawei’s growth, while the Global Times said Washington was acting like a “despicable rogue.” The US has reached out to allies in the past to warn against Huawei, claiming it poses a national security risk. Chinese media has launched a stinging attack on the US following the arrest of Huawei’s CFO Meng Wanzhou in Canada on Saturday. Meng was arrested on December 1 and faces extradition to the US. On the same day, President Trump sat down with President Xi Jinping in Argentina to discuss the countries’ ongoing trade war. White House officials told Reuters Trump did not know about the extradition request. An editorial in the state-run China Daily said the arrest was part of an effort by the US to stifle Huawei’s growth, saying it was “undoubtedly true and proven is the US is trying to do whatever it can to contain Huawei’s expansion in the world simply because the company is the point man for… Read full this story
- U.S. House passes legislation taking hard line on China over Hong Kong, Huawei
- US House passes legislation taking hard line on China over Hong Kong, Huawei
- Police turning a blind eye to crime: Devastating dispatch from the worst force in Britain shows what's gone wrong with policing as warped priorities and inept leadership leave community in fearful despair
- Jamal Khashoggi: All you need to know about Saudi journalist's death
- Sex Offenders Revealed
- Is it Ever Right to Lie?
- A New WPA For Rejuvenating American Manufacturing
- How Inflation Could Derail Bond Prices
- Graffiti Theory - Graffiti As Marxism
China says the US is acting like a ‘despicable rogue’ over the arrest of Huawei’s CFO have 300 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at December 7, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.