Construction materials industry to maintain high growth The building materials industry has grown at 8-12 percent in the past three years and is expected to maintain good growth next year, a seminar heard in HCM City on December 26. Pham Van Bac, head of the Ministry of Construction’s construction materials department, said this year most construction materials manufacturers operated at full capacity. Demand for their products was very high, including overseas, with exports accounting for 30 percent of total sales of certain materials. Pham Thiet Hoa, director of the Investment and Trade Promotion Centre of HCM City (ITPC), said: “The construction materials industry has made remarkable progress both in terms of quality and quantity. Vietnam, from being a country that had to import most construction materials, has become an exporter of some key items.” He quoted figures from the General Department of Vietnam Customs that show the country exported 1.67 billion USD worth of materials to 120 countries and territories last year. Increasing urbanisation and a building boom are set to boost domestic demand in the coming years, he said. Bac said construction materials producers have increasingly adopted advanced technologies and focused on unbaked building materials to replace burnt-clay products… Read full this story
- A time when hope replaced repression
- Latest Apple speakers news
- Comments for : NVIDIA sues Qualcomm and Samsung over GPU patents, seeks U.S. sales ban against certain devices
- Comments for : Samsung asks court to throw out $1.05 billion verdict, saying jury foreman was biased
- Comments for : Verizon asks the President to veto the upcoming ITC sales ban of Apple iPhone 4
- Chaebol: the culture of Samsung and the Note 7's double recall (timeline)
- Best free games 2018: the top free games to download on PC
- Comments for : Poll results: NFC may be newer, but MST still looks to carry a lot of value
- Comments for : Do you think a newcomer stands a chance against the Apple-Samsung duopoly?
- Comments for : Samsung remained the top smartphone manufacturer globally during the second quarter
BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 28/12 have 322 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at December 28, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.