VN wood and furniture firms eye Mexico, Canada Mexico and Canada will be promising markets for Viet Nam’s wood and furniture products when the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) takes effect in early 2019, according to the Ministry of Industry and Trade. Deputy Minister Tran Quoc Khanh said exports to Canada were worth over US$129 million last year and are expected to top $140 million this year. “The CPTPP will open opportunities for products such as wood flooring and bars to Canada because the market will immediately scrap the import tariff of 3.5 per cent when the agreement comes into effect. “Products such as plywood, picture frames, door frames and especially furniture will also have an opportunity because import tariffs of between 6 per cent and 9.5 per cent will be eliminated as soon as the agreement comes into effect. “Wooden handicrafts will also benefit when Canada agrees to abolish the 7 per cent import tariff.” According to customs figures, Vietnamese firms earned around $9.1 million from exports of wood and furniture products to Mexico last year. According to the Handicraft and Wood Industry Association of HCM City (HAWA), Mexico is still a new market… Read full this story
- Student News: Mayor for a Day program gives insights into Plainfield government
- For same-sex marriage pioneer, a very busy year
- Hurricane Irma Aftermath: What we know now in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Lee County
- Inside the Manning Passing Academy: The Daily News spends four days with Peyton, Eli, Archie and team at now famous Louisiana camp
- NOW: Rahami charged with five counts of attempted cop murder
- Hurricane Arthur makes landfall near Cape Lookout, N.C.
- Colt Lundy: A prison of his own making
- From climate to fry bread, 125 reasons to love Arizona
- As Jarrett Maupin sought justice for a Phoenix family, he also asked them for cash
- Storm swamps Phoenix: Mesa flooding a 'slow-moving disaster'
BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 19/12 have 303 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at December 18, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.