Illustrative image (Source: VNA) Binh Thuan (VNA) – The south central coastal province of Binh Thuan is implementing the United Nations’ “Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation” (UN-REDD) project funded by the Norwegian Government in 41 communes of seven districts. The project is expected to bring other benefits to the province such as reducing poverty reduction, restructuring the forestry sector, and conserving biodiversity, heard a conference held on December 27 by the provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. In 2014, Binh Thuan was one of the six provinces nationwide selected to carry out the second phrase of the programme. The province now has more than 350,000 hectares of forest land, accounting for half of its natural area. Implementing the national programme on reducing greenhouse gas emissions by limiting forest loss and degradation and the UN programme on conservation, sustainable management of forests and enhancement of forest carbon stocks in developing countries (REDD ), Binh Thuan has focused on main components, including forest protection and restoration activities. So far, the province has protected 153,000 hectares of forests and grown 9,400 hectares of new forests. The REDD programme has helped reduce the encroachment of forest land for agricultural production and increase… Read full this story
- Schlumberger joins UN-sponsored program to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- EU green transport target 'may have increased greenhouse gas emissions'
- Target to slash greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2050 passes into law as UK becomes first major economy to vow end to its part in global warming
- Binh Thuan bans mollusk, bivalve catching temporarily
- Dragon fruit prices skyrocket in Binh Thuan
- Another greenhouse gas regulation to be weakened by Trump administration
- Mysterious rise in banned CFC gas emissions from China could delay the healing of the hole in the ozone layer over the Antarctic by almost 20 years
- Lord Browne: fracking will not reduce UK gas prices
- This Major Trump Backer Is Behind An Effort To Block Gas Power Plants
- Dutch High Court orders state to improve emissions reduction target in landmark ruling
Binh Thuan makes efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions have 320 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 28, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.