The insurance company Aetna agreed to pay $75,000 and take steps to make it easier for members to access behavioral health care, under a settlement reached with Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey.“Massachusetts patients face far too many barriers to receiving essential mental health and substance use treatment,” Healey said in a statement. “With these commitments, Aetna is making it easier for patients to access the care they need.”Healey’s office alleged that Aetna violated the state’s consumer protection law by publishing directories of providers that were “materially inaccurate and deceptive.”Aetna’s online provider directories are supposed to give health care consumers a way to find a health care provider that is in Aetna’s network and accepting new patients. Healey’s office said those directories were at times inaccurate — they did not correctly reflect when a doctor was accepting new patients or they provided incorrect contact information or locations.Healey’s office also charged that Aetna was unfairly denying treatment for substance use disorder, despite a state law that requires insurers to cover addiction treatment for up to two weeks without preauthorization.Under the terms of the agreement, filed in Suffolk Superior Court on Tuesday, Aetna agreed to regularly update its provider directories. Aetna said it… Read full this story
- How important is mental health at workplaces?
- Instagram is the worst social media platform for your mental health! Here is why
- Hellblade Donating All of Today’s Sales to Mental Health Organization
- Scalebound Director Reportedly Took Time Off for Mental Health
- Health Care On Long-Term Timetable
- Congress Passes Health Care Bill
- Congress Completes Health Care Overhaul
- IDBS Supports Mental Health Research
- The Town of Light Sales Raise $10,000 for Mental Health Awareness
- Obama To Sign Health Care Bill
Aetna pays penalty, takes steps to improve access to mental health care in Massachusetts have 282 words, post on www.masslive.com at December 12, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.