Updated 1654 GMT (0054 HKT) December 19, 2018 (CNN)You did it! You survived the passage of time and made it to another year, which means it’s time to bask in the fleeting enthusiasm that comes with new resolutions and fresh planners and a slate wiped (kind of) clean of all of 2018’s garbage. Savor that feeling, because before you know it, 2019 will become just as exhausting and weird. However, there ARE some fascinating, significant, entertaining and promising things coming down the ol’ time road that are bound to be bright spots no matter what 2019 brings. Let’s enjoy them together. 1. Hope for the opioid crisis It’s no secret that opioid deaths and overdoses are at crisis levels in the US. However, 2019 may bring new ways of fighting this epidemic. Every year, the Cleveland Clinic releases the most important medical advancements for the coming year, and at the top of its list for 2019 is alternative pain management therapies. Basically, since opioid addiction can start with prescription opiates, things like genetic testing to determine drug sensitivity can help identify not only what patients will and will not be helped by such medications — but give a more precise… Read full this story
- New captain Tamim Iqbal looks to improve 'team culture' and bring the best out of every player
- ‘This will look unlike any NASCAR season in our history — by a mile’
- Coronavirus latest: Germany eases COVID-19 restrictions on playgrounds, churches
- There's No Quality Data Showing Hydroxychloroquine and Chloroquine Can Help COVID-19 Patients, Scientists Say
- Recovering From COVID-19 Doesn't Necessarily Mean You're Immune—So How Would a Vaccine Work?
- My 8-week-old baby nearly died from Kawasaki disease now linked to Covid-19 – it really is every mum’s worst nightmare
- FUTURE SHOCK: 25 travel & tourism trends post COVID 19
- 'Gaining weight... I don't wanna wait': Former Olympic gymnast McKayla Maroney releases COVID-19-themed rap song about life in lockdown - as she shares how music has helped her to overcome abuse by Larry Nassar
- Fasting During A Pandemic: Ramadan Looks Different This Year For Essential Workers
- Holly Madison parades her toned pins in tiny denim hotpants as she walks her pet pooch in LA... after revealing COVID-19 has fueled her anxiety
19 things to look forward to in 2019 have 359 words, post on edition.cnn.com at December 19, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.