WOODBRIDGE – With every breath she takes, Emily Gorsky counts her blessings. Born with cystic fibrosis, just five years ago it was doubtful Gorsky, now 29, would live to see her next birthday. But, after a magical proposal, she’s getting ready to walk down the aisle, complete with her own Fairy Godfather, granting her wedding day bells and whistles. Gorsky had a lung transplant on Aug. 1, 2013 at age 23. And two years ago, she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. Today, she is healthy, cancer-free and with every breath, celebrates life. On Dec. 15, she will marry Zachary Bonanno, 28, of Hopatcong, at the Pantagis Renaissance in Scotch Plains. After meeting online in 2015 and a two-year courtship, Bonanno proposed Nov. 6, 2017 at Universal Studios in Florida. “I am so excited,” Gorsky said. “It is an awesome thing to be that close to death and live. I want my family and friends there to celebrate because this is something that I never dreamt of.” Like many others, Gorsky announced the engagement on social media. And that’s where her fairy tale wedding began. A fairy godfather on Facebook With thousands of weddings under his belt, DJ Adam Aronow, owner of This Magic Moment, connected with Gorsky on Facebook. As both hailed from… Read full this story
- Resources for Families During the Oklahoma Teacher Walkout
- Murray's Mailbag: Which Nevada Wolf Pack dream scenario is more likely?
- Dakota's dream lives on in the community: Olmsted Dates and Data
- Where are they now? Bride who invited homeless to her reception now volunteers at shelter
- ‘He’s not breathing’: Ex-Lion Reggie Brown recalls fateful day
- Famous designer flips Dunthorpe estate: The Emily Henderson House is for sale at $2.6 million (before and after photos)
- Casey brings the 'Team Mittelstadt' competitive spirit to Sabres
- Outgoing DSU president: My family will carry Delaware in our souls
- From Lindsay Whalen, with love: Lynx guard pens letter of thanks ... and an IOU
- Grieving family angry over plea in fatal texting while driving crash
Woodbridge bride-to-be thankful for every breath, and support of family and Emily's Dream Team have 321 words, post on www.mycentraljersey.com at November 19, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.