One topic of conversation which has swirled around ever since the hair-brained idea of Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury became a surprising reality is whether or not the WBC champion will be facing Britain’s best heavyweight at the Staples Center on Saturday. Fury, for his part, maintains he is ‘the man’, the lineal champion, having dethroned long-term heavyweight king Wladimir Klitschko back in 2015. Fury’s subsequent retirement, underpinned by a lengthy battle against drink, drugs and depression, never mind a backdated two-year ban from UKAD, has muddied those waters. Anthony Joshua, in that time, has won eight times, claimed three of the four major belts, sent Klitschko into retirement with a thrilling stoppage win over him at Wembley in April 2017, not to mention emerge as perhaps the biggest commercial draw in the sport altogether. Even so, there is a feeling among certain boxing circles that Fury’s awkward, unorthodox style could be kryptonite for a heavyweight in Joshua’s mould. A clash between the two leading lights of UK heavyweight boxing remains unlikely for 2019 even if the ‘Gypsy King’ is victorious in the City of Angels but the prospect of the biggest fight in British history now seems closer than… Read full this story
- Oleksandr Usyk can make Deontay Wilder look stupid at heavyweight - Tony Bellew EXCLUSIVE
- Deontay Wilder explains Tyson Fury's idea for their rematch
- Deontay Wilder picks winner out of KSI vs Logan Paul rematc
- Anthony Joshua's amazing lunch
- Boxing: Deontay Wilder confirms rematch with Luiz Ortiz
- Wilder to defend heavyweight crown against Cuba's Ortiz
- How Your Clients Conquer Adversity as a Personal Trainer
- Is The World Flat or Round? Decisions for trainers of virtual teams.
- Business English Program to Become Expert Trainers
- Fractional Ownership Beats the Credit Crunch
Wilder's trainer on 'a different Deontay' and why even he would beat Joshua have 285 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at November 28, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.