Some 136.5 million shares were traded on the day, worth about 3.17 trillion VND (135.15 million USD). There were 129 advancing codes, 137 declining, and 72 others that remained the same.
Meanwhile, the HNX-Index on the Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) closed at 105.54 points after losing 0.21 point, with 70 rising codes, 78 in decline, and 43 others remained unchanged.
In the VN30 basket, as many as 15 codes went up, while nine others decreased. The index marginally rose by 1.4 points, equivalent to 0.15 percent.
Shares with the largest rise were HSG by 6 percent, VRE by 3.5 percent, SBT 3.4 percent, and CII 3.1 percent.
Petroleum stocks enjoyed an increase on the day, with PVD advancing by 4 percent, PVS by 2.1 percent, PLX 1.5 percent, and PVB 1.1 percent.
Some shares in the banking group ended in red at the end of the day, while those of TPB, BID, VPB, and TCB expanded from 0.9 percent to 3.1 percent.
Foreign investors posted net purchase values of around 63.76 billion VND (2.72 million USD) and more than 3 billion VND (127,900 USD) on the HOSE and HNX, respectively.
On the HOSE, HPG topped the list with over 100.68 billion VND worth of shares, followed by MSN with 53.51 billion VND.–VNA
- Markets Right Now: Indexes rise slightly on Wall Street
- Shares make slight gains with VN Index approaching 990 points
- VN Index slightly down on southern bourse
- Vn Index surpasses 1,000 point mark
- South Korean visitors to VN to rise to 3.3 million
- Ratings for Springsteen-fed Tony Awards rise slightly
- VN stocks skid down as market stalls for ETFs" trading
- VN stocks extend growth on US China trade news
- Markets Right Now: Stocks open lower; bond yields rise
- Global trade opens to VN companies