It aims to help Hanoi raise its application of high technology in agricultural production, and help Hanoian and Israeli businesses link their markets of hi-tech agriculture, creating strong change in the two sides’ agriculture cooperation.
According to Vice Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen Doan Toan, economic and commercial cooperation is a point to stress in 2018. “So far, the two-way trade turnover has exceeded USD1 billion,” he said, adding that Israel has 26 investment projects in Vietnam with the registered capital of USD68.4 million, ranking 55th among countries and territories investing in Vietnam.
During the conference, delegates shared experience in hi-tech application in agriculture from Israeli businesses, and introduced to them Hanoi’s potential in agricultural development, strengths and policies for economic development and investment attraction.
Over the past years, Hanoi has focused on applying high technology in agricultural production, processing and preservation; however, it has not satisfied actual demand, according to Mr. Toan.
The city targets to develop modern and hi-tech agricultural production and to produce good quality and safe products, for domestic markets and for export.
Stressing that Israel has successfully developed modern and creative agriculture in severe climate conditions which report year round drought, serious lack of water and high rate of desertification, he expressed his hope that Israeli businesses will cooperate with Hanoi in hi-tech agriculture./.Compiled by BTA
- Sleek new Mercedes CLA coupe wows crowds at CES gadget show with hi-tech wizardry
- Hi-tech robot at Russian show turns out to be man in costume
- Fraudster built hi-tech device to con victims out of £500,000
- Hi-tech radars target drones as Gatwick flights resume
- Belarus' exports to Israel increase sixfold in five years
- How high-tech agriculture is transforming the fortunes of Nigerian rice farmers
- Belarus eager to increase hi-tech export by 20% this year
- Hi-tech’s evolution points to a smaller Apple and more AI
- EXPOSED: Food boffins in Spain develop hi-tech laser machine to detect FAKE extra virgin olive oils
- Some 500 foreigners hired in Belarus' Hi-Tech Park in wake of Digital Economy Development Ordinance