President Donald Trump tweeted on Wednesday afternoon that he had called California Governor Jerry Brown to offer his support in the battle against the ongoing California wildfires — the most destructive in the state’s history. As of Wednesday, the Camp Fire (135,000 acres, 35% contained) in Northern California and the Woolsey Fire (97,620 acres, 47% contained) in Southern California had killed 50 people and destroyed thousands of structures. Trump has gone out of his way to offer support — including emergency aid — to California after tweeting Saturday morning that poor forestry management was to blame. (Gov. Brown advanced his own pet theory: climate change.) As of this writing, Gov. Brown has not commented publicly on their conversation. Brown and Trump have been at odds since the 2016 campaign, though Brown applauded the president’s plans for infrastructure spending last year. Joel B. Pollak is Senior Editor-at-Large at Breitbart News. He is a winner of the 2018 Robert Novak Journalism Alumni Fellowship. He is also the co-author of How Trump Won: The Inside Story of a Revolution, which is available from Regnery. Follow him on Twitter at @joelpollak.
- Lawmakers Offer Support for Public Safety Network
- Antonio Brown in Oakland: Helmets, frostbite, fines and release
- Trump says his meeting with Xi Jinping went 'better than expected', insists he won't be imposing tariffs on China 'for the time being' and reveals Kim Jong-un responded 'very favorably' to his offer of a DMZ meeting as G20 summit ends
- California groups sue the FDA for information on Nestle’s sweetheart water deals
- Netanyahu And Gov. Brown To Sign Pro-business Pact
- California's do not track law takes a step forward
- Can Genetic Engineering Mitigate California's Drought?
- California passes new smartphone anti-theft law, iPhone appears to already comply
- State regulation error results in California cities rushing to ban medical marijuana dispensaries
- Brown signs controversial assisted suicide bill
Trump Calls Jerry Brown to Offer Support Against California Wildfires have 294 words, post on www.breitbart.com at November 14, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.