Nov 6, 2018Umar FarooqPakistan correspondent, ESPNcricinfo FacebookTwitterFacebook MessengerPinterestEmailprintSeveral PSL franchises have embarked on a warpath with the UAE-based T10 league, writing a letter to the PCB chairman Ehsan Mani to express alarm at the encroachment of the T10 league into what they consider their territory.The letter, which ESPNcricinfo has obtained a copy of, “highlights serious concerns”, and among other things, asks that the PCB prevent its players from participating in the league. The PSL franchises ask the board to prevent the use of names of Pakistani cities in franchises that will play the T10 League. The letter also claims the “promotional activities of these teams in the heartlands and territories of PSL teams” may damage the PSL teams’ reputation, divert their sponsors and draw away their fan base.The letter, which ESPNcricinfo understands all but one of the six PSL franchises are in agreement upon, requests the PCB to announce publicly that the cricket board has not authorised the T10 League. In addition, they have requested the PCB to prevent the T10 League from seeking sponsorships in Pakistan.The recurring theme throughout the letter is the signatories seeking to prevent the Emirates T10 cricket League taking on names such as Karachians, Pakhtoon… Read full this story
- IPL 2020: Wish to see Indian and Pakistani players in each other’s T20 league, says Akram
- ‘Sports shouldn’t be a victim of politics’: Wasim Akram wants Pakistan youngsters to play IPL
- 'Wish to see India, Pak players in each other's T20 league'
- Pakistan Super League playoffs resume after 8-month delay
- Pakistan bans Indian Premier League broadcast
- Pakistan bans IPL broadcast
- Pakistan Super League Cricketers Pay Touching Tribute to Dean Jones Ahead of Playoffs | Watch Video
- Mahmudullah to miss PSL playoffs after testing positive for Covid-19
- PSL franchises incurred big losses in first two seasons
- Adam Lyth keen to seize Multan Sultans opportunity in PSL playoffs
T10 cricket League incurs PSL wrath over 'encroachment' in Pakistan have 305 words, post on www.espncricinfo.com at November 6, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.