Long before Tyson Fury walked through the doors into the light at the Wildcard gym, here on the other side of Hollywood, he had to leave his bulging sack of woes in a dressing room to face the walls in his head, Wladimir Klitschko in the ring and 51,000 fans one late November night in 2015. Klitschko was in his 28th world heavyweight championship fight, had won 22 fights in a row, including 19 for various world titles and Fury was his sixth unbeaten opponent in seven fights. Fury, meanwhile, had taken time in Düsseldorf during an emotional week to apologise for his bad nights and days. “I have made a bloody fool of myself in there,” he admitted. It was against this background of contrasts, a history lost in the growing myth of the night, that Fury fought like a dream to break the mighty Wladimir‘s heart. That all seems so long ago, not just three years but more like three lifetimes in the turmoil of Fury’s existence. Fury warned that he might never fight that way again, might never reach the heights he glided that magical night when he bamboozled – the correct word – the great veteran… Read full this story
- Deontay Wilder says Tyson Fury not yet champion after ‘zombie’ fight
- Deontay Wilder versus Tyson Fury rematch set to take place in July
- Deontay Wilder hints he will RETIRE if he loses trilogy fight vs Tyson Fury and hits out at ‘snakes’ in his team
- Wilder vs Fury scorecards show how judge Alejandro Rochin went totally against others in the early rounds
- Deontay Wilder provides cryptic explanation for Tyson Fury defeat
- Deontay Wilder required surgery on bicep injury suffered during Tyson Fury defeat
- Deontay Wilder to make changes to training team after rooting out "snakes"
- Watch all six of Tyson Fury’s comeback fights including Wilder bouts in sensational Saturday night of boxing on BT Sport
- Tyson Fury teaches Mike Tyson punch workout and moves that downed Deontay Wilder as two kids join his Instagram Live
- Mike Tyson, 53, would still KO Deontay Wilder, 34, in ONE MINUTE if pair fought now, claims ex-trainer Jeff Fenech
Steve Bunce sets the scene for Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury have 347 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at November 26, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.